Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story" Are you kidding me?!

  It honestly makes me sick how disgusting human beings can be. I know I usually keep this place pretty light hearted but I just had to vent. Jerry Sandusky is one of the sickest fucks I've ever heard of. Starting an organization meant to help underprivileged children to feed your addiction of molesting little boys is something I've had a hard time even fathoming. How can people be this evil? How can other people know of this evil and not do whatever is in their power to stop it?
  Some of my closest friends are Penn State students and alumni and I feel for them so much. Never have I been to a place with more pride in themselves than State College, PA. I think thats almost what makes it worse. These people who knew of the allegations and didn't go to the police had this whole community depending on them, trusting them to always do the right thing. How could they take advantage of that? Don't get me wrong I know the true villain here is solely Jerry Sandusky. I don't think Joe Paterno is more to blame for not going to the authorities than Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, or Gary Schultz, but when you have that much power how can you use it to hide a monster instead of protecting his victims? How can you look at this man in the face for years after knowing what you know without breaking his face?
  It just makes me so sad because I really do love Penn State. I've spent a lot of time there over the last few years and I've never had a bad time. I just love the atmosphere you can actually feel how much each student loves that school, especially during football season. There were many opportunities missed to do the right thing and in the end the actions of few let down a whole institution. I just keep thinking about the victims, praying for them, hoping they will get the chance to have normal lives again someday. With all the drama going on because of the firing of Joe Paterno I think we've lost sight of what this is really all about. As I was watching Colin Cowherd on ESPN this morning he quoted Rick Reilly and it really stuck with me. He said, "Don't feel sorry for JoePa, he's had his life. Feel sorry for the young boys, they'll never get one." I think we should all do some praying tonight for the ones who need it the most, the victims. May they one day find peace and may Jerry Sandusky get what he deserves, to burn in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment