Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My First Recipe Post: Easy Sweet Potato Mash

 As I have previously mentioned I'm pretty much obsessed with food. If I'm not eating, I'm thinking about eating. The subject pretty much never leaves my mind for more than a few seconds. I have recently discovered my love for sweet potatoes and after finding out that they not only taste incredible but are super good for you I can't stop eating them. I never thought this was going to be a food blog, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to escape it. So here for you is my super easy stress free recipe for making the best sweet potato mash.

Ingredients:
2 Sweet potatoes
2 Tablespoons butter (or margarine, but obviously I go for the higher fat content)
1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1. Scrub the sweet potatoes and dry them and put them on any baking sheet you have, I use a cookie sheet.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a preheated 400 degree oven for one hour.
3. When you take them out of the oven slice each one lengthwise across the top (I found using a serrated knife was the best way to do this) and when they're cool enough to handle pull the skin away and put the flesh in a mixing bowl.
4. Using a fork mash the sweet potatoes and add in the butter and brown sugar to taste.

This makes enough for about 4 people as a side dish, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes. If you wanted to make it even more decadent you could top it with marshmallows and put the dish back in the oven for a few minutes on broil so they can brown, a-maz-ing. That's all it takes and I promise you will not be disappointed! I guess now that I have started the posting recipe trend here, there will be many more to come. Hope you all enjoy, get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment