Monday, January 9, 2012

"World can't hold me, too much ambition." I'm Baaaack

 I know, I know. I am quite possibly the worst 'blogger' ever. I don't necessarily mean to neglect you guys but I just haven't had the time to sit down and reflect. SO lets catch up.

  For those of you who don't know, the last couple months have actually been crazy and pretty productive on my part. This former lazy ass, boyfriend(or not) sweatpants-wearing, messy bun, no make-up wearing, and not giving a shit Amy has transformed into a real girl! Believe it or not.. a real girl from head to toe. I started cosmetology school at The Temple, which is a Paul Mitchell partner school in Frederick, in November. So far I am absolutely in love with my school and am actually excited to learn something new every day. I always knew I was gifted with so much beauty and surprisingly my brain found something it was passionate about other than re-runs of Teen Mom 2 and Step Brothers. It did change my schedule up quite a bit though, in a good and bad way. My days begin a little earlier, last a little longer, but are ever-changing. I am finally focusing on me. My days of 15 minutes to wake up, get dressed, brush my teeth, and head out the door are long gone. Thats right...out with the old and ugly and in with the new Amy. I guess I started my new year, new me a few months earlier because I'm a real life adult, at least Tuesday-Saturday when I'm in school.
  Instead of screaming babies all day, I'm in school 35 hours a week. This former full-time nanny is now only working Monday mornings..I guess you could say I traded in changing dirty diapers 8 hours a day for new styles, curlers and make-up, which is definitely a great change. But, only working one day a week, I quickly realized my expensive lifestyle needed more support. Sitting, thinking, pondering how good I am at talking, flirting and eating, I knew my best bet would be getting a job as a waitress. Even though I have never waited tables before, I knew it was something I would be good at and quickly learn. Conveniently enough, the week I was looking for places to apply, a friend of mine who works at Louisiana Kitchen in Bethesda had a Facebook status about them hiring. I immediately applied, got the job (winning them over with my good looks, wit, and obvious charm), and started training last week. Shockingly I am not the best server but what I lack in balance and memory I make up for with a cute smile, duh. I'm sure there will be many future, funny stories (and blogs) on my life as a waitress.
  With the start of 2012 here I feel it's the perfect time to have a new start for myself. This year I don't want to be known as the party girl who is talking to a new guy, every month. I'd like to have more meaningful conversations and less drunken ones. People are going to start taking me seriously and I will take advantage of every opportunity my school gives me to be the most successful hairdresser I can be. No longer will I be a flaky noncommittal asshole. I'm going to take chances, maybe get my heart broken or maybe fall in love. 2012 is the year I leave my insecurities at the door and go after what I really want and I couldn't be more ready for it. Let the games begin, bitch.

5 comments:

  1. Your favorite person everJanuary 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM

    Get back in my life please. Those that posted above are bums and probably ugly/fat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess its cool to criticize be rude to someone about something they chose to read. I thought middle school was over. Sucks when your self esteem is so low you have to insult others to make yourself feel better. Lucky for me I don't have that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im readdbing thisss becauseeee im high asssss shiiiiiiit sheet and ill i have to say is UTERUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Amy! Glad to hear things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pssst... Amy... the Internet can't read those comments now because you deleted them, but it can read yours, and you should just delete it and as far as anyone knows, everyone is just pleasant and supportive and one guy is high assssssss shiiiiiiiit and all is well. Then delete this comment that I have written here.

    Don't worry, I'm from the Internet, I know how this works.

    ReplyDelete